EVENT: RECIPE CONTEST & 2014 SERG REPORT
Sat, Feb 28, 2015, 5:30-9:00pm
St. Clement’s Parish Hall, 1515 Wilder Ave, Honolulu
Presentation by 2014 SERG recipient Colleen Patton
$15 fee, For reservations call Jeannie [not available]
Hawaiian-Scottish Recipe Contest Rules
1. Create an original mixed Scottish-Hawaiian (local) recipe by using one or more local ingredients in a Scottish recipe or one or more typically Scottish ingredients in a local recipe, or best of all create an entirely new dish using elements of both cultures or locales.
2. Contest open to Society members and persons sponsored by a Society member. Each person may enter 1 or 2 recipes. Each entrant will receive a thank you prize.
3. Recipes will be judged in one of 4 categories: Pupu or Snack Food; Soups; Main Dishes; Desserts or Sweets. One winner in each category will receive a choice of a Scottish cookbook or a bottle of Scotch whisky.
4. Original local-Scottish fusion recipes are to be submitted in written form (electronically or in hard copy) by Feb. 16, 2015, along with a completed entry form. Originators will bring a prepared dish made from the recipe to the contest on Feb 28. Prepared dish should be large enough to provide 2-3 servings for judging.
5. Judges will not see the names of the originators before or during the judging. Judging will be based on originality and creativity, successful blending of flavors, and ease of reproduction of the dish for home cooks in Hawaii. Decisions of the judges are final.
6. Originators agree to allow The Caledonian Society to make future use of any recipe submitted, including possible publication in a Society collection of Hawaiian-Scottish recipes if selected.
A fillable .pdf entry form can be downloaded here. (Select)